2016年10月28日星期五

LEXIN 4x Waterproof Motorcycle Bluetooth Intercom System Review

It just makes riding 10x cooler, safer, and fun. Great intercom to start with.
1
 Article By Our customer Rollingdice

I ordered this product because it had a few key features that I could not do without. I will list the features that were most important to me and review how well the claims were to all four of our experiences with the product.

Waterproof: 5/5
The waterproof design was an absolute must for me and I must say it doesn't seem to be affected when using it in the rain or riding through sprinklers that people have overlapping from their lawn onto the road.

Wind Resistant: 3/5
In the city these are very clear and little to no wind noise or distortion can be heard. Around 40 mph to 60 mph a medium but bearable wind noise can be heard. Anything past 60 mph and its pretty difficult to make out what anyone is saying or hear your music. It looks like i can swap out the headphones (which are connected to the microphone) with a better brand and continue to use the unit as the intercom is great.
3

Group Conversation:2.5/5
I had read over the statements of the group conversation for the motorcycle intercom very clearly and was disappointed to find out that the statements are a bit misleading. It indicates that you can talk with up to 6 riders but doesn't clearly indicate that this is only a one on one conversation. I was under the impression that only two people could talk in the group at the same time - which i would of been fine with - but this is not the case! You have to go through a bit of a tedious process with the pairing. Essentially there are 6 letters and you assign 1 person to the same letter on everyone's intercom. If i want to talk to Person A i push the A button and we get connected. No one else can connect to us and we cannot talk to anyone else until we disconnect. There is a nice busy signal that will inform you there is a conversation going on but I was really hoping for a full group conversation; however, the switching between people works nicely. There is about a 5 second delay to get connected but it seems to work the first try which is nice because I do not want to sit there and mess around with buttons on my helmet while i'm riding.
3-1
Distance: 4/5
Within the first hour of having these bad boys I already had my friends over installing them in our helmets. One of them wanted to pick up smokes at the gas station 2 blocks down the road and that was our first distance test. When I was inside my house it was a bit dissatisfying that the signal was broken the moment he left the driveway. However, when i stepped outside I was able to get a better connection but not the best. But when using them on the road and riding, man do these babies perform!! It must be more of a direct signal as I was able to get better reception when nothing was in the line of sight between me and the other rider.
4
*** Other comments
The Bluetooth seems to work pretty well. There is a nice priority system. If i remember correctly it was your music is lowest, then calling, then intercom. So if someone calls you while you're listening to a song it will answer the call and temporarily pause your music. Then when the call is done the music resumes. The installation was very simple - I actually found the pairing process to be more difficult than installation but neither were THAT bad. It was VERY VERY nicely packaged and every single last part was included which shouldn't be impressive to me but it was. They even include an aux cable for you.
Overall I liked this product as the price was absolutely exceptional and most of the claims were well supported. It does appear a good amount of time was put into the design of the product and doesn't feel, look, or act cheap. I wish it could handle the higher winds better and that it was a full group conversation but everything else was spot on.

UPDATE** One of our riders mounting clips broke off (and trust me these things are pretty sturdy I have no idea how he managed to do this) the company didn't even ask or provide any hassle on how it happened - they sent me TWO replacements which only costed me shipping... which was practically nothing. Now that's outstanding customer service!
More buletooth intercom infomation please click: http://www.lexinonline.com/wireless-bluetooth-interphone-c-66/

没有评论:

发表评论